Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Birth Story




My Birth Story...
December 8, 2008

I went to my 39 week (last) ultrasound at Oakwood Hospital and was told that the baby was progressing just fine but my water was low. I was immediately sent to Wyandotte Hospital to be induced. I remember having a range of emotions driving to the hospital. Everything from excitement to sheer panic. I arrived at Wyandotte, composed myself and got my stuff together that had been in the car already. Thank God for being on top of things! I had called a few people and waited as I was checked in. Pat met me shortly with the remainder of our stuff, he of course was nervous but held his composure very well. My doctor was already at the hospital waiting for me. She told me she was going to take this slow because we were not in an emergency situation. The remainder of that day they had just given me gel and let me get a good night sleep.

December 9, 2008

Six AM came very early as my doctor came in to begin pitocin. I was scared because I had heard that you begin to feel alot of labor pains when they use pitocin. I really did not feel any different until my doctor broke my water at 8:15am. It seemed to go real fast. The onset of contractions followed by more and more pain. I opted for the epidural and of course that did get rid of the contraction pain. My body seemed to want to push with every contraction after that. I remember her telling me that I was ready and the time was now. I only pushed for 16 minutes until I was able to meet my baby boy for the first time. At 1:46 PM Kyle Ryan was born! He was so beautiful that I did not feel any pain, or care what was going on post birth. We were lucky enough to get video and pictures of this blessed event. Although for a short time I thought the pain was going to over take me it was all worth it in the end. The rest of the night was wonderful. I began my journey of being a mother to Kyle.

December 10, 2008

Early (7am) my doctor came in and told me that I could go home any time today. Pat and I went back and forth about when we should go home. We could of stayed another night if we wanted, but why prolong what we will have to do when we go home. BE PARENTS.... and the story continues....

No comments: